PROBA jest programem Europejskiej Agencji Kosmicznej (ESA) mającym na celu orbitalne demonstracje technologii platform satelitarnych [+]
IXV: Intermediate eXperimental Vehicle. Re-entry Demonstrator
- Klient: ESA with TAS-I as System Prime Contractor
- Country: Hiszpania
- Data rozpoczęcia: 2009
- Data zakończenia: 2015
The IXV is an European re-entry demonstrator built to verify in-flight the performance of critical re-entry technologies. The IXV project forms part of ESA’s Future Launchers Preparatory Programme (FLPP).
SENER is the prime contractor of the Guidance, Navigation and Control system (GNC) and Flight Management subsystem. The industry team consisting of SENER, Elecnor-DEIMOS and GMV is fully responsible for the subsystem detailed design, development, validation and verification.
The IXV mission:
- The IXV is a lifting body having no wings with a lift to drag ratio of 0.7. It is 5 m long and weights almost 2 tons.
- The launcher VEGA will inject the IXV at an altitude of 340 km into a sub-orbital equatorial elliptic orbit with a 5° inclination. It will attain an altitude of around 412 km, allowing it to reach a speed of 7.5 km/s when entering the atmosphere at an altitude of 120 km which are representative conditions of a return mission from low orbit.
- The reentry trajectory lasting around 21 minutes will be controlled by a combination of moving aerodynamic surfaces (flaps) and thrusters from hypersonic speeds at 120 km altitude down to Mach ~1.6.
- IXV will then be slowed from that Mach number by a set of parachutes deployed by drogue chutes, before airbags inflate to soften the sea landing in Pacific Ocean.
Selected sensors/actuators configuration:
- Four 400N thrusters.
- Two aerodynamic flaps, located at the base of the vehicle.
- An Inertial Measurement Unit (MU).
- A GPS Receiver.
- A Descent and Recovery System (DRS) composed by a set of parachutes, flotation and localization devices.
Inne programyZobacz +
SEOSAT to multispektralny system zobrazowania powierzchni Ziemi wysokiej rozdzielczości, zaprojektowany z myślą o systematycznym pozyskiwaniu [+]