The GAIA Deployment Sunshield Assembly (DSA), provides a stable and continuous shadow environment to the [+]
E-SEMA (Electrical Smart EM Actuator)
- Client: CLEANSKY / MTU – Pratt&Whitney
- Country: Germany
- Start date: 2011
- Ending date: 2015
E-SEMA, is an Actuator Control System (ACS) to position the compressor inlet vanes of jet engine for aircraft applications. This innovative electrical actuator works in harsh environmental conditions (temperature and vibration). Its interface operates with FADEC (full authority digital Engine Control).
- Part of SAGE 4 Clean Sky: Development of a geared turbofan (GTF) engine that features a reduction gearbox between the fan and low-pressure turbine.
- The GTF is being developed and built by Pratt & Whitney in cooperation with MTU Aero Engines.
- SAGE 4 ground test demonstration performed, with E-SEMA assembled and tested at engine level.
- Main characteristics:
- Output movements: linear
- Motion transportation: ball screw
- Actuator mass: 7 kg
- Temperature range: -55 °C / +125°C
- Output data:
- Stroke: ±27 mm
- Resolution: 0.03 mm
- Accuracy: ±0.1 mm
- Repeatibility: NA
- Continous force: 4000 N
- Stall load / Peak force: 6500 N
- Linear speed under continous force: 40 mm/s
- Maximum power: 500 W
- Additional deliverable equipment:
- Power and control electronic: Yes
- Control SW: Yes
- Power supply: 28 (16 to 32.5) V CC
- Type of position sensor: Integrated LVDT
Other programsSee all
SENER Aeroespacial participates in the IRIS-T programs producing the Control Sections and Wings for the [+]
SENER is responsable of the Magnetometer Boom (MAGBOOM), which is a deployable boom holding two magnetometers [+]
SENER Aeroespacial is the world's only manufacturer of the Fin Actuator Sub-System (FASS) for the [+]